Contact Lenses Denver – The Right Contacts for Your Lifestyle
Whether you are new to Denver contact lenses or have been wearing them for years, knowing which lenses are best for you is critical.
Today you can choose from dozens of lens materials, lens wearing times, and lens functions.
Our Colorado Eye Doctors understand your individual lifestyle and brand; together we’ll pick The Right Contact Lenses to make your life more exciting.
Contact Lens Materials
- Soft contact lenses are made of soft, flexible plastics that allow oxygen to pass through to the cornea. Soft contact lenses may be easier to adjust to and are more comfortable than rigid gas permeable lenses. The newest soft lens materials include silicone-hydrogels which provide unprecedented levels of oxygen to the cornea thus reducing the risk of eye infections and complications.
- Gas Permeable contact lenses are made of a rigid plastic and are often prescribed to patients when clear vision cannot be achieved with a soft contact lens. Gas permeable contacts are much more comfortable than the old “hard” contacts prescribed decades ago. The newer gas permeable material allows oxygen to be delivered to the cornea and provides crisp, clear vision with a customized fit. Gas Permeable contacts are usually replaced every one to two years.
- Hybrid Lenses, a recent addition to our contact lens options, combines a rigid gas permeable center with a soft lens skirt. This provides the clarity of a rigid lens with the comfort of a soft lens.
With all contacts lenses, an annual Denver eye exam is very important. At these exams your Vision Care Specialists doctor will confirm your corneal health is optimal and the fit of your lens is perfected for your eyes, year after year.
No matter what type of contacts you are wearing, proper care is paramount. Here is a Contacts – Lens Care guide that you can download.
Contact Lens Wearing Time
- Daily Lenses – cleanliness, freshness and disposability – that’s what dailies are all about. The healthiest contact lens option allows you to experience the freedom of new vision every day. The newest daily contact lenses now have moisturizing surface coatings that allow comfortable wear until the end of your day.
- Monthly Lenses – are extended wear contacts that provide remarkable breathability, retain moisture and resist deposits that can be worn for 30 days with proper cleaning and disinfection.
- Bi-Weekly – patients wearing these lenses are being transitioned into daily disposable or monthly lenses to promote eye health. Talk to your Colorado Eye Doctor about our exciting options.
Contact Lens Technology and Design
They may not look like much, but today’s contact lenses are a marvel of science and technology. Vision Care Specialists is one of the largest retailers of contact lenses in the country. Thus we are always working with our contact lens manufactures to ensure that we have latest advances for our patients; it’s a level of excellence we enjoy providing knowing that we’re Helping you Live Life in High-Def.
- Spherical Lenses – are single vision round design lenses, correcting myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Multifocal Lenses – allow the wearer to see near, mid and distance
- Orthokeratology or CRT – these specialty contact lenses are designed to reshape the cornea during sleep to provide lens-free daytime wear.
- Toric lenses – correct for astigmatism.
It’s a great time for Contact Lenses Colorado wearers to experience Vision Care Specialists where we provide the widest array of current contact lenses technology to optimize your vision.
Experience the difference
Call 303-991-9600 or request an appointment online