Back to School Style
It’s that time of year again! It’s back to school, which also happens to be the biggest fashion event of the year. On the heels of all the high style, looks are going down the runway at New York Fashion Week, a far bigger fashion show is happening at schools around the country this month. It’s a new year and a new start, so you want to look your best. Here are some fun trends were seen at Fashion Week as well as the hippest street styles to try this season:
- Shift dresses: while girly skater dresses with a nipped waist were in last year, try this year’s cooler update: the mod shift dress. It’s laid back silhouette is both flattering and stylish.
- Lace-up boots: this year, shoe height is in! A heeled boot with laces is more comfortable than traditional pumps and has a fall fashion flare.
- Slouchy sweaters: the grandpa sweater of years past is back and better than ever! Try a loose fit in a cool neutral color or a ribbed texture to add some interesting details.
- Flare jeans: while skinny jeans are perpetually cool, the flare jeans of the ’70s (and of the flare jean revivals that have occurred throughout the late nineties and early 2000s) are back. The silhouette is extremely flattering and gives you a tall and sophisticated look. Go for a mid-rise and pair them with a tucked in oxford shirt and heeled booties or a simple fitted long-sleeved V-neck (add a flowy cardigan when it starts to get chilly!) with flats or heels.
- Grey: this understated hue is the pinnacle of cool. Try layering different shades.
- Plaid: by far a fall favorite. Try an oversized plaid shirt for nineties grunge throwback, or go with a sophisticated plaid coat.
- Skinny scarves: while infinity scarves are still in and a great choice for tough winter cold, try a skinny scarf for fall! The lighter, breezier look is good in silky fabrics as well as classy knits.
- Men’s fashion: leather jackets are very in for men this year. Tailored suits remain a timeless classic. Additionally, chunky sweaters (including turtlenecks!) were seen on the runway this year for men and can be worn for a cozy weekend look. Outdoors-inspired safari style or army jackets are also in style this year for men and women.
- Glasses: big frames are still the name of the game! You can go for the squared off look or try a more rounded shape or a hint of a cat-eye for extra cool.
- Colored contacts: what used to be reserved for special occasions only can now be used on a daily basis to enhance your natural eye color or change it up all together!
How to Use this Information: Get the hippest frames for back to the school! For you and your family’s eye care needs, talk to the experts at Vision Care Specialists. Call 303-991-9600 or schedule online to make an appointment!