It’s hard to believe that November is already here and the holidays are right around the corner! As exciting as this time of year is, it can also be stressful. Waiting in long lines and pushing through throngs of people at the mall can really take the Ho! Ho! Ho! out of holiday shopping. This year, check out a few other options to get the most out of your shopping experience! The Denver optometrists of Vision Care Specialists have scoped out the most enjoyable and low-stress places to do your holiday shopping this year!
Tips for low stress shopping:
1. Start early: When it gets to crunch time right around Christmas, almost every place is crowded. Right now, even the mall and major shopping centers (which can be a must to find specific or brand name items) can be stress free. Get ahead on your shopping before prices and stress levels rise.
2. Go at off hours: If you have the time, duck into stores on weekday mornings when the crowds are smaller. Avoid weekend peak hours if possible!
3. Go off the beaten path: It’s tempting to stay right in your neighborhood or in major shopping areas, but fun little shops can have special gifts and often be less crowded. Check out some of Denver’s amazing local boutiques for some unique fab finds.
Shops to check out:
1. Cry Baby Ranch at 1421 Larimer St in Downtown Denver offers a wide variety of hip, Western-themed items! From clothes and boots to decorations and novelty items, Cry Baby Ranch has it all!
2. The Wizard’s Chest at 230 Filmore St in Cherry Creek is full of whimsy and has many unique games and toys for kids of all ages.
3. Breaking the Mold Candle Company at 940 16th St Mall in Downtown Denver is known for its beautiful candles as well as jewelry, scarves, and trinkets as well as its friendly staff.
4. 5 Green Boxes at 1570 South Pearl St has earthy and effortlessly hip handmade clothes and accessories. While you’re there, check out its sister store of the same name down the block, which sells unique furniture.
5. The Tattered Cover is one of Denver’s finest independent bookstores. Stop by any of three convenient locations–Colfax Ave, Lodo, and Highlands Ranch—to find the perfect gift for the book lover in your life.
6. Soul Haus on 1225 E 17th Ave sells a number of unique trinkets and stylish clothes for both men and women.
7. Vision Care Specialists’ four convenient Denver-area locations have stylish frames and sunglasses that make great holiday gifts – check out our holiday savings event!
Check out the City of Denver website for more information on several of these spots as well as other ideas for cool places to check out this holiday shopping seasons! Get the most out of your shopping this year by checking out unique stores and seeing all that our great city has to offer. The Denver optometrists at Vision Care Specialists wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season and happy shopping!
What’s your favorite holiday shopping spot in Denver?