Denver’s Best Outdoor Bars and Restaurants
In the past few years, Denver’s al fresco dining scene has exploded with many new eating and drinking establishments offering sidewalk, back yard and rooftop options where visitors can enjoy drinks and food while also relishing our mild summer nights. The Vision Care Specialists team loves outdoor dining in Denver at our favorite patios, so we’ve compiled a list of great spots to try yourself. Use the comments section to share your favorites and learn from others.
- Tamayo: One of the first and best outdoor dining locales, Tamayo is a Larimer Square favorite. Indulge in fresh fruit margaritas, delicious tacos, bacon guac, and more while enjoying the sun and view from the rooftop patio. While on Larimer, enjoy some of the other great outdoor spots like Bistro Vendome and Cru Wine Bar.
- Ace: this bar has plenty of misters to keep you cool, in addition to ping pong tables to keep spirits high. Enjoy happy hour, Far East cuisine, and the sunshine on East 17th
- Denver Beer Co: Tucked away on cozy Platte Street, Denver Beer Co has a big, bustling patio full of craft brew lovers and their dogs. Craft brewpubs have perfected the art of outdoor drinking. Other great spots include; Low Down Brewery, Strange Brewing, Hogshead, and Proust.
- Shells and Sauce: this Congress Park Italian bistro’s rooftop bars is one of the neighborhood’s best-kept secrets. Enjoy delicious Italian meatballs and a starry night.
- Agave Tacos: this Wash Park spot is fast becoming a favorite. Enjoy 14 taco varieties and plenty of sunshine at this cute spot with tons of outdoor seating.
- Linger: at this Highlands spot you can get your happy hour drinks served from a van on a rooftop. Staples like sangria and old-fashioned will run you just $6 for the drink and the view.
- Work and Class: This RiNo favorite is packed with foodies nightly enjoying the affordable, creative cuisine and hot RiNo vibe. There are tons of great outdoor spots in this part of town – enjoy wine on the patio at Infinite Monkey Theorem or communal dining across the street at The Populist
- Vert Kitchen: this Wash Park sandwich shop has arguably the cutest patio in Denver and some definitely delicious culinary creations.
- The Pioneer: enjoy world-class tacos, a great happy hour, and a beautiful rooftop just steps from the University of Denver.
- Bittersweet: Artisanal cuisine in a beautiful garden setting. The patio at Bittersweet feels more like a cafe in Provence than a food stop on Alameda.
How to Use this Information: Make sure your eyes are healthy and stylish for all your summer fun! For all you and your family’s eye care needs, talk to the experts at Vision Care Specialists. Call 303-991-9600 or schedule online to make an appointment!
What’s your favorite outdoor summer spot?