Eye Exams In Parker, CO
At Vision Care Specialists, we make getting a comprehensive eye exam in the Parker, Colorado, area a simple, stress-free experience. Our team of qualified eye specialists will offer you a number of solutions to optimize your vision.
We call our unique approach “LifeFit” because we combine your exam results with your personal style and preferences when making recommendations for eyeglasses and/or contact lenses.
“The doctor has always been very kind and knowledgeable. He’s been my optometrist for 12 years now. I even moved an hour away and we continue to drive to Parker to see him and their great staff.”
— Jay H., Parker Location
What to Expect
We know first time visitors will have questions about eye exams. Our certified technicians and eye doctors make the process simple. They will take you through a number of different vision tests designed to determine the health of your eyes and the state of your vision.
At Vision Care Specialists, we use the latest eye-care technology. We will take a number of digital images of your retina and then store those images electronically. This allows us to refer back to them in the future as you continue to receive your eye care from us.
Tests performed during an eye exam include:
- Auto Refraction: An auto refraction test utilizes a computer vision analysis to help us make sure your prescription is 100% accurate.
- Corneal Topography: This test will actually photo map your corneal surface. It helps identify astigmatism and aids in fitting contact lenses. It also helps detect corneal disease.
- Intra-Ocular Pressure: This is a painless, quick pressure test for glaucoma.
- Retinal Photography: This is a test that allows your eye doctor a 200-degree view of the back of your eye. It alleviates the need to dilate your eyes.
- Refraction: Refraction tests determine how well you see items at a distance or up close.
- Pupil: Pupil tests check for reactions in both eyes to make sure they are responding as they should.
- Peripheral Vision And Muscle Movement: These tests will ensure you have full range of motion in your eyes and full peripheral vision.
- Slit Lamp: In our slit lamp tests, we use a microscope to analyze the structures of your eye utilizing different degrees of magnification.
After the Exam
After patients receive eye exams in our Parker location, our staff will determine whether or not corrective lenses are needed.
If they are, you and your doctor can decide if glasses or contact lenses are right for you. One of our certified technicians will then help you choose the right style for your unique lifestyle.
Visit Our Parker Office At 10521 South Parker Road, Parker, CO 80134
Or Call To Set Up An Appointment At (303) 841-8243