Denver’s Santa Fe Arts District offers an ever expanding array of galleries, performance venues, restaurants, bars and activities distinctly different from other neighborhoods in town. The district provides a very multi-cultural flavor with American, Mexican, Ethiopian, and Japanese cuisines plus art influences from around the world. The Santa Fe Arts District is one of the few areas in town with a truly global feel.
If you’re new to the district, below are five things to see that are definitely worth a try:
- 1. First Friday Art Walk: From 6-9 pm every first Friday of the month, you can browse over 60 galleries and studios, and enjoy First Friday specials at local restaurants. Free shuttles are available from the light rail station at 10th and Osage.
- 2. Food Truck Row: If you’re in on the food truck craze, nowhere is better than on Santa Fe and 9th during a First Friday Art Walk. As they say, “Eat outside the box.”
- 3. Su Teatro Cultural and Performing Arts Center: For over 40 years, Su Teatro has established a national reputation for homegrown productions that speak to the history and experience of the Chicano culture.
- 4. Renegade Brewing Company: A newcomer to the Santa Fe Arts District, Renegade fills an important craft brewing niche in this hot bed of creativity
- 5. Byers Branch Library: In keeping with the neighborhood, the Byers Branch Library offers children’s and adult art and technology classes to both residents and guests
Do you take advantage of all that Denver has to offer? Many of us fall into the rut of doing the same few things all the time. At Vision Care Specialists we help patients experience Life in High-Def. A visit to the Santa Fe Arts District is just one great Denver activity our patients enjoy as they treat their senses to everything our state has to offer. Not seeing the world around you as clearly as you’d like? Call us today at 303-991-9600 or request an appointment online.