Colorado is famous for its snow capped mountains and unbeatable skiing, but the state’s best kept secret is that it’s just as wonderful in the summer. What better way to enjoy the summertime sunshine than to head to one of Colorado’s seasonal fairs or festivals with friends and family? Here are six of Colorado’s best upcoming events to help you celebrate the beautiful weather while it lasts!
- Labor Day Weekend in Breckenridge: (Friday, September 4—Monday, September 7: Breckenridge, CO) This mountain town sure knows how to celebrate the final days of summer. Labor Day weekend becomes a full force festival in Breckenridge. The Great Divide Arts Festival has more than 100 featured artists and draws lively crowds. The Sidewalk Sale boasts awesome prices for a variety of fun goods. Additionally, the Summit Foundation’s annual Rubber Duck Race is a fun and quirky way to raise money for charity and enjoy the outdoors.
- A Taste of Colorado: (Friday, September 4—Monday, September 7: Civic Center Park, Denver, CO) More than 50 Denver restaurants and 250 marketplace artisans and vendors all come together to celebrate Labor Day in Denver. Seven stages and many educational programs celebrating Colorado’s Western heritage are also featured. Over 500,000 people attend over the course of the four day event, making this one of Colorado’s biggest festivals. Enjoy the food, the sun, and the fun at this year’s awesome event.
- Big Chili Cook-Off Arts and Music Festival: (Saturday, September 12 at 10:00 am: Buchanan Park, Evergreen, CO) Enjoy food, drinks, live music, and, of course, chili! This event draws more than 5,000 attendees and raises money to support six fire departments surrounding Evergreen, CO. This event is presented by Big Chili, Inc. and Blue Spruce Kiwanis in support of Colorado fire departments.
- Summerset Festival: (Friday, September 18—Sunday, September 20: Clement Park, Littleton, CO) This festival was started 31 years ago as a way for the community to come together and say goodbye to summer. Over 30,000 people attend this annual fundraiser event for the Foothills Foundation. Enjoy arts and crafts, food stations, business and nonprofit exhibitions, and entertainment as well as the annual fishing derby, softball tournament, and car show. The event supports local cultural, educational, and volunteer opportunities.
- Mountain Harvest Festival: (Thursday, September 24–Sunday, September 27, Paonia, CO) The annual Mountain Harvest Festival has been celebrating the lifestyle of the North Fork Valley of Western Colorado since 2001. Enjoy 3 sparkling autumn days of music, art, performance, good food and local products.
- Elk Fest: (Saturday October 3–Sunday October 4, Estes Park, CO). The free festival features bugling contests, a Cabela’s Archery Range & Elk Camp, exhibits, the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, elk seminars, a Mountain Man Rendezvous, elk-inspired arts and crafts, Native American music, dancing and storytelling, elk-education bus tours, a children’s’ area with elk-themed activities, and a craft beer garden.
Don’t miss out on these awesome Colorado festivals this summer!
How to Use this Information
Enjoy all of the beautiful summer scenery and fun festival activities with perfect vision! For you and your family’s eye care needs, talk to the experts at Vision Care Specialists. Call 303-991-9600 or schedule online to make an appointment!