Lakewood Eye Exam
Looking for an eye exam in the Lakewood area? Come to Vision Care Specialists for a simple, stress-free experience. Our qualified eye care professionals will provide you with a number of different solutions to optimize your vision.
Using our unique “LifeFit™” approach, we combine your personal style with your exam results to make the best recommendations for you when it comes to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
What to Expect
New to the eye exam experience? Wondering what to expect? During your eye exam, our eye doctors and certified technicians will take you through a variety of vision tests, which are designed to help diagnose the health of your eyes and the state of your vision. Using the latest in eye exam technology we’ll perform a number of tests including:
- Autorefraction: This test will help us provide you with an accurate prescription.
- Corneal topography: The corneal topography test photo maps your corneal surface to help identify astigmatism and aid in the fitting of contact lenses.
- Intra-Ocular pressure: This is a quick, painless test for glaucoma.
- Refraction: The refraction test will check your vision up close and at a distance.
- Pupil: Pupil tests check for reactions in both eyes to make sure they respond correctly.
- Peripheral vision: This test will ensure you have a full range of motion in your eyes.
- Slit lamp: The slit lamp test uses a microscope to analyze the structures of your eye.
After the Exam
After you receive your eye exam results we will work with you to determine whether eyeglasses or contact lenses fit your lifestyle best.