How does laser cataract surgery work?
Laser cataract surgery is the most advanced cataract surgery technique available today – it’s safer, more precise, gentle, and results in better vision enhancement then traditional cataract procedures.
- Safer: The procedure is bladeless and computer-controlled, automating some of the most challenging steps of cataract surgery.
- More precise: The computer generates real-time, three dimensional visualization for true customization of the lens replacement (style, size and placement).
- Gentler: using the laser reduces the ultrasonic energy and number of instruments needed to soften and remove the cataract.
- Better vision: The procedure enables advanced technology lens replacement with a choice of vision: monofocal, astigmatism-correcting or multifocal.
- Restores 20/20 vision to many patients.
Prior to the introduction of laser cataract surgery, traditional surgery required the surgeon to manually create several small incisions using a scalpel. Now, with the LenSx laser, after you have been prepped for surgery, the laser takes over, making all the necessary incisions the surgeon needs with absolute precision.
Dr K will use the laser to remove the old cataract and prep your eye for your Advanced Technology lens.
The laser appliance uses a range of highly advanced technologies to capture incredibly precise, high-resolution images of your eyes. These images – and the measurements and data they provide – are then used to plan and perform a surgery to exacting specifications not attainable with traditional surgery.
In order to optimize your vision and the advanced technology lens Dr. K utilizes the ORA System to intra-operatively determine your best corrected vision. The ORA System has been clinically proven to improve intraoperative accuracy, reducing the need for costly postoperative enhancements.
Your eyesight is too valuable to risk on yesterday’s technology
Call today and schedule your consultation. Experience a safer and more customized option for people that are struggling with cataracts.
For more information:
- Laser cataract surgery overview
- Choosing your advanced technology lens
- Traditional cataract surgery
- Laser cataract surgery FAQ
- Laser cataract surgery client testimonials
Experience the difference.
Call 303-991-9600 or request an appointment online