Contact Lens Care
Don’t discount the importance of Contact Lenses Care. Contact lenses are medical devices, approved and regulated by U.S. FDA.
Watch this Alcon video on OPTI-FREE Pure Moist describing the importance of and how to care for your contact lenses.
Contact Lense Care Instructions
Our Denver optometrists recommend that you follow this short list Contact Lenses Denver care steps we compiled to ensure your contact lenses serve you best.
- Always follow manufacturer instructions
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching your contact lenses
- Use fresh contact lens cleaning solution every time
- Rub your contact lenses with your fingers, and rinse them with fresh cleaning solution afterward
- Rinse your contact lens case with fresh solution, and leave it overturned and open to dry
- Keep your solution bottle tightly capped, and avoid contact with surfaces or objects while in use
- Replace your contact lens case at least every three months
- Avoid smoke and other pollutants, which can enter your eyes and cause irritation and infection
- Stick to your prescribed wear schedule
- Don’t sleep in contacts that aren’t for extended wear
- Don’t transfer contact lens cleaning solutions into smaller containers for travel or storage, which can compromise the sterility of your solution
- Never wear your daily contact lenses for longer than 18 hours
- Never wear your monthly contact lenses more than 30 days after first opening
- Never share contact lenses