Kathy Ortiz (patient since 2005!) is part of Mission Experience Haiti Orphanage and makes several mission trips per year there. The group had a school bus donated that they will be sending via container and their goal is to fill the bus with supplies for children in the orphanage.
Please join us in collecting basic essentials for these kids:
- School supplies: pencils, sharpeners, pens, paper, spiral notebooks, crayons, markers, construction paper, scissors and backpacks.
- Balls of all shapes and sizes: basketballs, soccer balls, rubber playground balls, and others are good too.
- Clothes and shoes: summer-weight clothes in sizes 4 years to 17 years old as well as shoes and sturdy sandals that cover the toes.
- Hygiene items: shampoo, brushes and combs, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap and deodorant. Hair clips and bows are always appreciated!
- Linens: twin size sheet sets, plastic mattress covers, pillows, and bath towels. Their planned expansion will allow them expand from serving 20 to 70 children ages 3 to 18.
- Something extra: Peanut butter is always popular and very expensive in Haiti!
Please bring your items to the Vision Care Specialists Aurora office any day between now and Saturday, September 23rd at 2pm.
Questions and comments may be directed to the office manager Christine Fitzgerald and Dr. Gerlock.